Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Home Cookin' Kentucky Recipes from the Office of Senator Mitch McConnell, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4 to 6
- ½ stick butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups warm milk
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 oz cream, whipped, optional
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- slices of roast turkey (for 4-6 sandwiches)
- 8-12 slices trimmed toast
- extra Parmesan cheese, for topping
- 8-12 strips fried Bacon
- Melt the butter and add enough flour to make a reasonable thick roux, enough to absorb all of the butter.
- Add milk and Parmesan.
- Add egg to thicken sauce, but do not boil.
- Remove from heat. Fold in whipped cream. Add salt and pepper.
- For each Hot Brown:
- Place two slices toast on a metal or flame-proof dish.
- Cover the toast with a liberal amount of turkey.
- Pour a generous amount of sauce over the turkey and toast.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan.
- Place entire dish under a broiler until the sauce is speckled brown and bubbly.
- Remove from broiler, cross two pieces of bacon on top and serve immediately.