Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Home Cookin' Kentucky Recipes from the office of Senator Mitch McConnell, public domain government resource—source of original recipe
- Serves: 8
- 2 cups fresh or frozen black-eyed peas
- ¼ pound of bacon
- 2 small red pepper pods
- 2 cups uncooked regular rice
- Cover peas with water.
- Simmer peas, bacon and peppers in a covered pot over low heat for 1 to 1½ hours or until tender.
- Add rice, cover and cook over low heat, stirring frequently until rice is cooked.
- Add more water during cooking if necessary. Add salt to desired taste.