Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Senator Barb's Favorite Crab Cake Recipe by Senator Barb Mikulski, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Tip: Serve at once with tartar sauce, mustard, or cocktail sauce on the side.
- 1 lb jumbo lump or backfin crab meat
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise (light or regular)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Old Bay or Wye River seasonings
- 1 tbsp snipped parsley (optional)
- 1 egg (or substitute for special diets)
- tartar sauce or cocktail sauce
- Beat the egg in a bowl.
- Trim the crusts from the bread and break the slices into small pieces. Add these pieces to the egg.
- Mix in the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, seasoning and parsley, and beat well.
- Place the crabmeat in a bowl and pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Gently toss or fold the ingredients together, taking care not to break up the lumps of crabmeat.
- Form the cakes by hand into patties about 3 inches around and ¾-inch thick. Shape should be like a cookie, not like a meatball or golf ball.
- Place the cakes in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes before cooking. This is very important so the cakes don't fall apart.
To Broil the Crab Cakes Edit
- Slip them under a preheated broiler until nicely browned, turning to cook evenly, about 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
To Saute the Crab Cakes Edit
- Heat a small amount of butter or olive oil in a skillet and saute the cakes, turning several times, until golden brown or about 8 minutes total cooking time.