Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Ethnicity - South Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 1 cup: vermicelli
- 1 cup: milk
- 1 cup: Sugar
- A handful: cashew nuts
- A handful: Raisins
- 1 pinch: saffron
- 2-3 pods: cardamom
- ¾ cup: water
- Heat the ghee and fry the vermicelli till light brown.
- In the meanwhile, boil the water.
- Add the vermicelli to the boiling water and cover it. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Once the vermicelli becomes soft , add the Sugar and continue to stir.
- Put the saffron in the milk and dissolve it, add this milk to the vermicelli.
- Powder the cardamom and add it to the mixture.
- Then fry the cashew nuts and almonds in ghee and add these.
- Mix well and boil for about two minutes.
- Your payasam is ready and can be served hot or cold.