- 7 oz fresh breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Caerphilly cheese (or mozzarella)
- 1 leek, washed and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 4 tbsp milk
- white flour for coating
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ stick butter
- Mix the breadcrumbs, cheese, leek, parsley and mustard together.
- Add one of the eggs, and one egg yolk.
- Mix well.
- Add enough of the milk to bind the mixture.
- Then divide the mix into eight equal parts, and shape into sausages (rolling to make long).
- Beat the remaining egg white until it is frothy.
- Dip the "sausages" into this froth mix, and then roll in some flour to coat.
- Heat the oil and butter in a medium-heat frying pan, and fry the "sausages" for 5 to 10 minutes, or until a golden brown.
- These are good hot or cold.