- Ron Pickarski's Friendly Fo
- If you are using the shiitake mushrooms, place them in a bowl and cover them with hot water. Soak until soft (about 30 minutes).
- Then place the soaked mushrooms in a pot with 2 cups of water (use the soaking liquid) and 3 tablespoons tamari.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, and set aside.
- Sauté the seitan, mushrooms, onions, and red bell peppers in the oil (I guess that would be water here, MC) along with the garlic and basil.
- When the vegetables are tender (half cooked), add the green bell peppers, sherry, and 1¾ cups water.
- Mix the miso and ¼ cup water, along with the tomato paste and the tablespoon of tamari, if you wish.
- Add to the sautéed vegetables.
- Add the dissolved arrowroot and continue to simmer, while stirring constantly, until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve the seitan pepper steak with noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.