Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 package store bought seitan, or homemade
- 1 jar of palmnut sauce (sauce Nyembwe) from a Latino/African grocery
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 habanero or other hot peppers
- Slice and fry the onions and galic in a little oil until transparent in a 3qt saucepan.
- Add the seitan and brown for a few minutes.
- Add 8oz of palmnut sauce and an equal amount of water, or enough to cover if using more seitan.
- Bring to a simmer and add the habaneros whole, or chop one if you want it more hot.
- Serve Nyembwe with Feuille de manioc (cassava leaves) and steamed manioc and plantain.
- This is typical village fare for much of Gabon, Congo and the former Zaire