Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 4 or 5 large chicken-style seitan cutlets (about 1 lb), cut into thin strips
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp each sage, thyme, rosemary
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp ground chili powder
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 2 medium white onions, chopped
- 1 cup crushed corn chips
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 2 oz. baking chocolate, melted
Combine the first set of ingredients in a saucepan and heat to boiling. Remove from heat. Add half of this broth to your blender or food processor with the second set of ingredients and puree until everything is smooth.
In a large skillet or saucepan, heat the oil, then carefully pour in the blended mixture. Cook for five minutes, then add the remaining broth, tomato sauce, and melted chocolate. Cook for 5 more minutes, then add the seitan and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. Serve garnished with fresh cilantro and tofu sour cream, alongside brown rice and steamed corn tortillas.