- 1 cup Bermuda onion, chopped finely
- 3 oz butter or olive oil
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 1 cup water
- 2 lbs of lamb (from leg), cut in ½ inch cubes
- 8 eggs, hard-boiled
- In a 4-to 6-quart dutch oven or heavy stew pot.
- Brown onion without fat, until quite dark, stirring constantly.
- Mix onion, butter / oil, cayenne, paprika, pepper and ginger.
- Blend the seasoning into the onions.
- Add lamb to onion mixture, stirring it through.
- Sauté on all sides until quite dry and well done.
- Add more water, if necessary, to bring to stew texture.
- Add 8 peeled hard-boiled eggs a few minutes before serving.