Peruvian lamb stew / curry, serves 4
- Pound the garlic, salt, cumin, and black pepper to a paste.
- Mix in the vinegar, and then blend in the olive oil.
- Place the lamb in the marinade.
- Marinate at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove the lamb from the marinade.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons olive oil over high heat.
- Brown the lamb.
- Transfer the lamb to a plate and set aside.
- Add the chilli, onions, and salt.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Saute, stirring for about 10 minutes.
- Add the beer, boil and lower the heat.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Return the browned lamb to the pan, along with the accumulated juices from the plate and remaining marinade.
- Add the stock and stir to mix.
- Boil, then reduce the heat and simmer the dish, covered, for about 1 hour.
- Add the coriander and lime juice, stir to mix, and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Serve with rice and beans.