Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6 (6 to 8 slices)
- 1 x 16 oz package extra-firm, water-packed tofu
- your favorite sauce or dressing (see below)
Curry sauce Edit
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1½ teaspoons curry powder
- 1½ teaspoons maple syrup (or other sweetener)
- 1½ tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
Italian sauce Edit
Asian sauce Edit
Other sauces Edit
- Preheat oven to broiler setting.
- In the meantime, drain and press the water from tofu by putting the tofu in a large colander in the sink and placing a saucepan of water on top of it.
- Cut the tofu into sandwich-sized rectangles, squares or triangles.
- Cover tofu with your favorite sauce or dressing:
- Arrange tofu on a small, foil-lined pan under the broiler for approximately 4 to 5 minutes on each side, turning occasionally while broiling.
- Broil until tofu is firmer with browned edges.
- Use slices in sandwiches.
- ↑ An oil-based dressing will work better than a cream-based dressing, because the oil assists in browning the tofu.