Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6 (6 to 8 slices)
- 1 x 16 oz package extra-firm, water-packed tofu
- your favorite sauce or dressing (see below)
Curry sauce Edit
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1½ teaspoons curry powder
- 1½ teaspoons maple syrup (or other sweetener)
- 1½ tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
Italian sauce Edit
Asian sauce Edit
Other sauces Edit
- Preheat oven to broiler setting.
- In the meantime, drain and press the water from tofu by putting the tofu in a large colander in the sink and placing a saucepan of water on top of it.
- Cut the tofu into sandwich-sized rectangles, squares or triangles.
- Cover tofu with your favorite sauce or dressing:
- Arrange tofu on a small, foil-lined pan under the broiler for approximately 4 to 5 minutes on each side, turning occasionally while broiling.
- Broil until tofu is firmer with browned edges.
- Use slices in sandwiches.
- ↑ An oil-based dressing will work better than a cream-based dressing, because the oil assists in browning the tofu.