Here's a very tasty way to make roast chicken. Leftovers taste wonderful as sandwiches or wrapped in tortillas. Its a family recipe I created one day when we had a lot of frying chickens in the freezer. Easy to make and tasty too.- Source: Mash317.
- 3 to 3½ pounds whole chicken
- chicken seasoning such as Montreal Chicken seasoning or Spice Islands chicken seasoning
- olive oil
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Spray a roasting pan with nonstick cooking pan.
- Spray roasting rack with nonstick cooking spray. Place rack inside roasting pan.
- Remove giblets, heart, gizzard from chicken cavity, if required.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Place chicken on roasting rack.
- Rub chicken with olive oil. Figure about 2 tablespoons, depending on personal taste and the size of the chicken.
- Season liberally with Montreal Chicken seasoning or other favorite seasoning mix. Spice Islands is another good choice.
- Roast chicken until the meat tests done. This should take about 2 hours.
- Roast chicken is safely cooked when the temperature registers 180 °F. Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.
- Serve with tortillas, Spanish rice, corn.
- To speed roasting, partially cook chicken in the microwave oven in a microwave-safe dish. Immediately roast chicken in conventional oven. This usually cuts the roasting time in half. Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.
- Use care when removing roast chicken from oven.
- Things You Will Need:
- Roasting pan
- Roasting rack
- Oven mitts