This was great! I added some mushrooms with the sautéed onion to the spinach mixture and it added that little bit extra to push it over the top for me. Thanks for a great dinner!
- Plunge spinach into boiling water for 1 minute.
- Remove from water, dry and set aside in a large bowl.
- In a large skillet cook onion in the 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat until tender and slightly golden, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of the jalapeno jelly.
- Add sweet pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir onion mixture into spinach; cover and set aside.
- Wipe skillet clean.
- Meanwhile, rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut fish into 4 serving-size pieces.
- Sprinkle fish with the salt and pepper.
- In the same large skillet heat the 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat.
- Add fish and cook for 2 minutes on each side to sear.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook about 5 minutes more or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Transfer fish to a serving platter; cover and keep warm.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons jalapeno jelly to skillet.
- Cook and stir until melted; spoon over fish.
- Toss spinach mixture with vinegar.
- Serve spinach mixture with fish.
Nutritional information Edit
- 241 Calories, 9g Total Fat, 1g Saturated Fat,
- 83 mg Cholesterol, 275 mg Sodium, 22g Protein,
- 18g Total Carbs, 2g Fiber