Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Paula in California via Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 50 pieces.
- 2 egg whites
- ¾ cup water
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Line a 15 x 18 in jelly roll pan with waxed paper; set aside.
- Place egg whites in large bowl of electric mixer; set aside.
- In a 2 qt. saucepan combine water, corn syrup, and sugars.
- Place over high heat and stir with wooden spoon until mixture comes to a boil.
- If sugar crystals are present wash down sides of pan with a wet pastry brush.
- Clip on candy thermometer.
- Cook to 252°F (125°C) or hard ball stage.
- Remove from heat.
- Immediately beat egg whites until stiff.
- With mixer on high speed, slowly add hot syrup; once you begin to pour do not stop.
- Continue beating until mixture begins to lose its gloss and will hold its shape.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Scrape entire batch onto waxed paper lined pan or, using two spoons, quickly spoon candy onto waxed paper.