Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 lb middle cut sea trout
- 1 lb yams
- 2 large firm tomatoes
- ½ medium-sized cucumbers
- 1 head lettuce
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ lb cabbage
- 1 tbsp finely chopped herbs
- 1 large lime
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- Clean and season the fish with salt, pepper and lime juice and leave in the refrigerator overnight, or at least 3 – 4 hours before cooking.
- Scrub, peel and boil the yams, then cut into neat cubes.
- Steam the fish, remove the skin and bones and flake using a fork.
- Add cubed yams to the flaked fish, add chopped herbs and blend carefully with 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise, again using the fork.
- Do not crush.
- Finely shred the cabbage, cut the cucumber into neat cubes and tomatoes into neat chunks.
- Toss altogether with the remaining 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Wash the lettuce leaves and keep whole.