Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- Servings: 6
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
- ½ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup onion
- ¼ cup green bell pepper
- ¼ cup red bell pepper
- 1 cup tomatoes, fresh, blanched, chopped
- ½ tsp mustard, low sodium
- ¼ tsp black pepper, ground
- ½ tsp red chile pepper, ground
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 stalks scallions (green onions), chopped
- ½ tsp ginger, ground
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1 tsp orange peel (zest), grated
- ½ tsp thyme, crushed
- ¼ cup bread crumbs, fine, dry
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place in 1-pound loaf pan (preferably with drip rack) and bake covered at 350°F for 50 minutes.
- Uncover pan and continue baking for 12 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
- 193 Calories | 9g Total Fat | 3g Saturated Fat | 91mg Sodium | 11g Carbs | 2g Dietary Fiber | 45mg Cholesterol | 17g Protein
- Carb Choices: ½