Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This savory pie contains layers of tomatoes, onion, sweet peppers, sausage and mushrooms, topped with a cheese and mayonnaise layer.
- Contributed by Jannicelli at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Number of servings: 6 – 8 as a side dish, 4 as a main dish
- 1 large frozen pie crust
- 1 or 2 large tomatoes, sliced (enough to cover pie crust bottom)
- 1 vidalia onion
- ¼ to ½ tube of ground sausage
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 8 mushrooms, sliced or 1 small can sliced
- ¾ cups mayonnaise
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup fontinella cheese (shredded)
- 1 scallion or green onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoon of flour
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- Method in frying pan saute each of the following ingredients (separately) until tender: onion, peppers, and mushrooms (each item is cooked with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste).
- Set aside each ingredient in small bowl or plate.
- Using same frying pan, crumble and cook sausage with garlic powder only until done; drain grease and set aside.
- Lightly brown frozen pie crust a few minutes in oven 350 to 400 degrees; remove immediately.
- Sprinkle the bottom of pie crust with 1 tablespoon flour then arrange tomato slices over the bottom of crust until the bottom is covered (it's OK if they overlap a little bit).
- Sprinkle remaining flour evenly over tomatoes; season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and 1 tsp oregano.
- Now layer cooked peppers, mushroom, onions, and sausage onto pie.
- In a separate bowl mix mayo, cheeses, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder and remaining oregano with a fork; cover the pie with the cheese mixture and sprinkle chopped scallions over the top.
- Bake at 400°F until golden brown (approximately 20 minutes); remove; let cool and cut into slices.
- This can be served cold or hot.
- Notes: you can let the pie cool and refrigerate and serve cold.