Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is perfect for anyone who doesn't like eggs. It has a lot of protein to keep you going throughout the day. Try making a steaming breakfast tortilla wrap filled with the scrambled tofu, Guacamole, Tofu Sour Cream, and soy cheddar cheese. Don't forget to use your choice of fresh homemade salsas from this book.
- Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny via World Recipes Y-Group
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Makes 6 Servings
- 1 pound firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons minced bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup minced onions
- 3 teaspoons Bragg's Liquid Amino, or tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons trimmed and thinly sliced scallions
- ½ cup minced tomatoes
- Freeze the tofu in the original package for a minimum of 12 hours.
- Defrost the unopened package in warm water or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Drain the liquid from the package and press the tofu firmly between your hands to rid it of excess liquid.
- The finished tofu will resemble the texture of a damp sponge.
- Crumble the tofu in a mixing bowl and sprinkle with the turmeric and mix well.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with canola oil spray and set over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onions and cook, stirring, until the onions are translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup of water and 2 teaspoons of the liquid amino, and stir.
- Add the tomatoes, bell peppers and mushrooms, and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add the tofu, and stir for additional 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drizzle in ¼ cup water and the remaining 1 teaspoon liquid amino and stir for an additional 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with the scallions.