Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons white cornmeal
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- Place rack in center of oven.
- Preheat oven to 330°F.
- cream butter with sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add salt, vanilla and cornmeal and beat until combined well.
- Add flour, ¼ cup at a time, beating until just combined.
- Divide dough into 4 balls and on each of 2 baking sheets, press 2 of the balls into 5 inch rounds.
- With fork tines, score each round into 6 wedges and prick edges decoratively.
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes, or until shortbread is just firm.
- Cut halfway through each round along prick marks and transfer to racks to cool.