- 4 eggs
- 1/2 lb Sausage meat
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- fat or oil (for frying)
- seasoned flour
- salt & pepper
- Hard-boil the eggs by placing them in a pan of cold water and heating slowly until it starts to simmer.
- Do not allow water to boil as this will toughen the whites, but keep at this temperature for 30 minutes.
- Place the eggs in cold water and remove the shells when the eggs are quite cold.
- Dip them in seasoned flour.
- Cover with Sausage meat, then dip in beaten egg and coat with breadcrumbs, pressing crumbs well in.
- Fry in deep fat or oil (375 °F) until golden brown.
- Drain, and cut in halves.
- Serve hot or cold.