Sea foam cake. A very light, flourless cake.
- 1 hour preparation
- Makes 1 torte
- 6 egg whites
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- unsweetened fresh strawberries or raspberries
- sweetened whipped cream
- Butter a 9-inch spring form pan, and place into a warm oven to evenly coat entire surface; cool (can be refrigerated to cool down).
- Beat room temperature eggs and salt for 15 minutes using high speed of mixer, or until very stiff.
- Gradually add sugar and when all is added, beat at high speed for another 15 minutes, or until mixture retains its shape.
- Add vanilla, vinegar, and baking powder.
- Mix well, and pour into spring form.
- Bake 1 hour at 250°F.
- When the cake has cooled, slice off the crusty top and put unsweetened fruit (strawberries or raspberries) along with sweetened whipped cream and replace crust as carefully as you can.