Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sea foam cake. A very light, flourless cake.
- 1 hour preparation
- Makes 1 torte
- 6 egg whites
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- unsweetened fresh strawberries or raspberries
- sweetened whipped cream
- Butter a 9-inch spring form pan, and place into a warm oven to evenly coat entire surface; cool (can be refrigerated to cool down).
- Beat room temperature eggs and salt for 15 minutes using high speed of mixer, or until very stiff.
- Gradually add sugar and when all is added, beat at high speed for another 15 minutes, or until mixture retains its shape.
- Add vanilla, vinegar, and baking powder.
- Mix well, and pour into spring form.
- Bake 1 hour at 250°F.
- When the cake has cooled, slice off the crusty top and put unsweetened fruit (strawberries or raspberries) along with sweetened whipped cream and replace crust as carefully as you can.