Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds -- chopped
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter; beat in egg and extract.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into fourths; form into 12 inx3 inch rectangles. Place 5 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Brush with milk; sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 325 for 18-20 minutes or until firm to the touch and edges are lightly browned. Cool on pan for 5 minutes, then cut diagonally into 1 inch slices. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over bars.
Yield: About 4 dozen.