Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 ripe Zespri™ Green kiwis
- 1 banana
- 1 medium sized tomato
- ginger, milled
- ¼ tsp sambal olek
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 20 Scampi, pre-cooked
- fat for frying
- Peel the Zespri™ Green (kiwis) and banana and puree both.
- Wash, clean, quarter and de-seed the tomatoes and finely dice the flesh and add to the puree.
- Add salt, pepper, ginger, sambal olek, lemon juice and sugar to the dip to taste.
- Wash and pat the scampis dry, and season with salt, pepper and ginger.
- Arrange on wooden skewers and fry gently for a short while on both sides in hot fat.
- Arrange the Scampi with Zespri tomato banana Dip on the plates.
- Serve as desired with toasted baguette slices and garnished with Zespri™ Green slices and tomato wedges.
Preparation time: approx. 15 minutes Recipe and photo reprinted with permission from Zespri™ kiwifruit