Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. It was obtained when the family collection was purchased from the Burnett Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1981.
- 3 Slices bacon
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Pound bay scallops
- 1 Cup half-and-half
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Sauté bacon then pour off fat.
- Cool and crumble then set aside.
- Melt butter in same skillet over medium high heat.
- Briefly Sauté scallops until heated through
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a warm bowl.
- Add half-and-half to scallop liquid and boil, stirring occasionally until reduced to about ¾ cup.
- Add mustard and maple syrup then pour in any juices collected in scallop bowl.
- Boil another 3 to 4 minutes until reduced again to sauce consistency.
- Add scallops and crumbled bacon to sauce then toss quickly and serve immediately.