Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Char the bell peppers over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides.
- Enclose in paper bag; let stand 10 minutes.
- Peel and seed bell peppers. Cut bell peppers into slivers. Set aside.
- Arrange tomatoes on baking sheet. Broil until tomatoes begin to brown and blister, about 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over high heat.
- Add scallops and cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Turn scallops over. Add lime juice to skillet, then tequila.
- Simmer until scallops are cooked through and liquid is reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer scallops to plate.
- Stir charred peppers, tomatoes, cilantro and basil into cooking liquid.
- Add butter 1 piece at a time, whisking just until melted.
- Return scallops to skillet.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon scallop mixture onto plates, over rice.
- Sprinkle with diced avocado and mango. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.