Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe comes from the Favorite Recipes of a drill team from Cedar Rapids, Iowa. It is a Czech Recipe, 1963. The recipe is one of many in our collection of cook books. The recipe originally called for 1 pound or 1 quart of tomatoes. Makes a good side dish.
- 4 slices toast
- 2 cans tomatoes
- 1 small Onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup grated Cheese (your preference)
- Preheat oven to 375 degree.
- Cut 3 slices of toast into cubes.
- Mix tomatoes, chopped Onion, Sugar, salt and pepper together.
- Grease a casserole dish.
- Put in layers starting with cubed toast, then a layer of the tomato mixture, the toast, and then the tomato mixture.
- Top with the 1 slice of toast.
- Pour melted butter over the slice of toast.
- Sprinkle with the Cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.