Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 6
- Source: my Old Recipes
- ¼ cup margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp basil
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 5 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 4 tsp sugar
- Preheat Oven to 375°F.
- In pan over medium heat, in hot butter, cook Onion until tender.
- Stir in Crumbs, salt, basil and pepper.
- Into a 1½ quart shallow casserole, place ¼ of the tomato slices; sprinkle with 1 tsp sugar and ¼ of bread crumbs mixture. Repeat, ending with bread crumb Mixture.
- Cover casserole and bake 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Uncover casserole and bake 5 minutes longer or until crumbs are golden.