This is an easy way to make "scalloped" ham and potatoes.
- 1 center-cut ham slice
- 1 medium onion
- sprinkle flour
- 6-7 medium potatoes
- 1 cup water, milk, or soy milk
- butter or margarine
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large (9x13) casserole dish, shred or dice the ham, removing excess fat and the bone.
- Dice the onion and spread over the ham.
- Sprinkle with flour
- Peel and slice the potatoes, and cover the onions & ham with them
- Pour 1 cup of water, milk or soy milk over the casserole
- Dot the top with butter
- Cover with saran and microwave on high for 5 minutes
- Remove saran, cover with foil and bake at 325 °F for 1 hour
- Remove foil, bake an additional 15 minutes uncovered. If desired, sprinkle with cheese.