Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Scalloped Corn from the Public Health Cookbook—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 12
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper (any color), seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 x 16-ounce packages whole kernel corn, thawed
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- Non-fat cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Heat the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle the flour then gently toss to coat the vegetables.
- Stir in the milk. Raise heat and bring to a boil, stirring often. Remove from heat then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, corn and 1 cup of the bread crumbs. Add the vegetable mixture and mix until combined.
- Spray a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray then pour in the corn mixture. Sprinkle remaining bread crumbs over the top of the mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until center appears set. Let stand for 10–15 minutes then serve.