- 4 to 5 lb. chicken
- 2 tsp monosodium glutamate
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- 1 Tbsp peppercorns
- ½ cup chicken fat
- ½ cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ⅓ cup dry sherry wine
- ground chicken skin
- salt, celery salt and pepper
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chicken fat
- 6 cups soft breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp monosodium glutamate
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1½ tsp poultry seasoning
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- Stew the chicken along with the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer 2½ to 3 hours and cool chicken in broth. Separate
meat from bones and remove skin.
- Chop skin and giblets fine (hold for sauce).
- Strain broth off and skim off fat (save all).
- Saute the chopped onion and celery in ¼ cup chicken fat for 5 minutes.
- Add to the bread crumbs, and the remaining stuffing ingredients also and mix.
- Melt the ½ cup chicken fat and blend in the flour; add the chicken broth and cook until thickened.
- Stir a little hot broth into the beaten eggs, and stir back into sauce.
- Add the wine and ground chicken skin. Season with salt, celery salt and pepper.
- To assemble, spread all but 1 cup of stuffing in 12 x 8-inch greased pan.
- Arrange chicken over stuffing.
- Pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle with reserved cup of stuffing. Dust with paprika.
- Bake at 375 °F for 30 minutes. May make ahead and store in refrigerator or freezer.