Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Total time: 30 minutes | Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Serves 8
- 10 cups sliced, peeled tart apples (about 8 medium)
- 1 cup Splenda
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine
- Place apple slices in 2½ quart microwave-safe bowl.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle mixture over apples and toss to coat.
- Dot with margarine.
- Cover and microwave on high for 15 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring every 5 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 126 | Calories from Fat 4 | Total Fat 62 g | Cholesterol 0 mg | Sodium 0 mg | Carbohydrate 13 g | Protein 29 g