Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From The Thin Commandments Diet by Stephen Gullo, Ph.D.
- Prep: 15 minutes, Cook: 30 minutes.
- This recipe serves 4 People.
- Due to The Nature of This Recipe, it adjusts the number of servings in multiples of 4 only.
- Contributed by: Healthy Recipes For diabetic Friends Y-Group
- 2 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 lb. sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry, tough tendon at sides removed
- 20 asparagus spears, tough ends snapped off, cut in 2 inch lengths, about 2 cups
- 4 slices sweet onion, rings separated
- 4 slices tomato
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh italian parsley
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp dry white wine or vermouth
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Set out two rimmed baking sheets.
- Tear off four 20 inch-long sheets of heavy-duty foil. Fold each piece of foil crosswise like a book, then open up. Coat one half of each sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- In the center of each sprayed half, arrange the ingredients evenly divided: spinach, summer squash, scallops, asparagus, onion, and tomato.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Drizzle with vermouth or wine, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fold the other side of the foil over the food. Crimp the edges tightly to seal. Place the packets on the baking sheets.
- Bake until the scallops are opaque in the thickest part and the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the contents of each packet to a heated dinner plate and serve right away.
Nutritional information Edit
| Per Serving: