Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is from a great Cajun Cookbook that a friend loaned to me as well as many other that I have posted on here. I hope that you enjoy them. I love this kind of food.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1½ cups chopped scallions
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped (about ½ lb)
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup milk (skip this one for vegetarians)
- 1 cup heavy cream or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- white pepper
- Tabasco sauce or other hot pepper sauce
- chopped fresh chives (to garnish)
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the Onion and scallions.
- Cover and sweat gently for about 10 minutes or until very soft but not colored.
- Add the potatoes and water and bring to a boil.
- Cover again and simmer for 30 minutes. Let cool.
- Purée the soup in a blender or food processor and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the milk, cream, lemon juice, and salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce to taste.
- Cover closely and chill well.
- Garnish with chives or scallion tops.