Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 300 g (10 oz) lamb chops and boneless lamb cubes
- 1 kg (2 lb 4 oz) fresh or frozen spinach
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely copped
- 400 g (14 oz) tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 4 dried lime, crushed and seeded
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried dill
- 900 ml (1½ pints) boiling water
- 1 tablespoon oil, for frying
- 400 g (14 oz) tin chickpeas
- Using a pestle and mortar, crush the dried lime and remove the inside.
- Discard the seeds and outer shell.
- Set aside seeded flesh.
- Trim the meat, wash and place in a medium saucepan and cover with water (meat must be completely covered).
- Boil for 5 minutes without lid.
- Drain meat and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan heat 1 tablespoon of oil , add the onions and garlic and fry until slightly brown.
- Add meat and fry for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Now add 900ml (1½ pint) of boiling water, cover and boil for 30 minutes on medium heat.
- Add tomato purée, chopped tomatoes, salt, garam masala, dried lime, dill, chickpeas and the spinach.
- Boil for 15 minutes, lower heat, give a quick stir.
- Cover and simmer for a further 15 minutes.