Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe has no fat and is delicious!! enjoy!.
- 1 large can of tomatoes (whole or chopped)
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 x 6 oz can of V-8 (I like the spicy kind)
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4 celery stalks, chopped into lg chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped into large chunks
- 1 cup or more large, fresh cleaned mushrooms (left whole)
- 5 carrots, cut into large chunks
- 1 quarter head of fresh, green cabbage, cut into big chunks
- 1 can green beans
- 1 can lima beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cubes (b**f) or vegetable bouillon
- enough water to cover veggies by about 2 inches
- seasoning to taste
- Add all ingredients to a large kettle, squeezing or cubing whole tomatoes, so that their juices become part of the mixture.
- Cover and let simmer for several hours, adding water as necessary, until the veggies are fully cooked and the flavors have had the chance to mix.
- (this soup is really better the second day).
- I have not included can sizes, since how much (or what you add) really depends on your personal taste (hominy, for instance, is something I sometimes add, and is really good!)