Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pumpkin Scones from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of article, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Cook Time: 12–15 minutes
- Serves: 12
- 2 cups self-rising flour, sifted
- ¼ cup skim milk powder
- 2 spring onions, chopped (a.k.a. shallots, green onions)
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup cold pumpkin
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup natural mineral water
- Cottage cheese or butter, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220°C (430°F).
- Combine the flour, milk powder, onion and nutmeg.
- Fold through the pumpkin, buttermilk and mineral water to make the dough.
- Pat out the mixture onto a lightly floured board and roll out to a thickness of about ⅝".
- Using a 2" scone cutter, press out 12 rounds.
- Place these on a lightly floured baking tray and bake at 220°C for 12–15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with dollops of cottage cheese or butter.