Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Poe Estate in Justin, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ pounds boneless pork shoulder cut into cubes
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups canned sauerkraut drained
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Heat oil in heavy skillet or dutch oven.
- Cook onions until transparent then remove from pan and set aside.
- Add meat and brown on all sides.
- Add paprika, salt, caraway seeds, water, sauerkraut, onions and sugar then bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour or until tender adding water if necessary.
- Fold in sour cream then heat to serving temperature and serve with hot noodles.