Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is our family’s version of picadillo, full of flavorful Beef and vegetables, and it is one of my favorite dishes.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ cups thinly sliced red bell peppers
- 1½ cups thinly sliced yellow bell peppers
- 1 cup minced carrots
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounces) can tomato sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- Brown beef and remove from pan, draining excess fat.
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until soft; add bell peppers and carrot and saute 4-5 more minutes.
- Return beef to pan and stir in next six ingredients (wine through bay leaves).
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaves and add salt to taste; serve over hot brown rice.