Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup low-fat milk
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup diced onions
- ¼ cup diced red peppers
- ½ cup peas
- 2 large white mushrooms, rinsed and grit removed
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup freshly grated jarlsberg or other low-fat Swiss-style cheese
- sprigs fresh thyme or chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in 5-inch- or 6-inch-round baking dish preheated in oven.
- Meanwhile, beat together eggs, milk and flour until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- When butter is melted, pour egg mixture into baking dish and place in oven.
- Heat 1 teaspoon butter in skillet over medium heat.
- When hot, sauté onions until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add red peppers and peas, and cook 2 minutes more.
- Remove mixture from heat and set aside.
- Thinly slice mushroom caps and stems.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons butter in skillet over medium heat.
- When hot, sauté mushrooms 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Add wine and cheese, return onion mixture to skillet, season with salt and pepper and cook 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Bake pancake for 15 minutes.
- When puffed and golden, remove from oven, heap savory mixture into center, garnish with fresh thyme or chives and serve—pancake may deflate slightly as it cools