- 1½ tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced scallions
- ⅔ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1½ cups sliced baby carrots
- 1½ cups medium-grain kasha
- 2 tbsp powdered egg replacer
- ½ cup cold water
- 4 cups boiling vegetable stock
- Heat oil in electric skillet or large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, scallions, bell pepper and carrots.
- Place kasha in bowl.
- Combine egg replacer powder and water in liquid measuring cup, and pour over kasha, mixing thoroughly.
- Combine kasha mixture with vegetables, and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add hot stock, and reduce heat to low.
- Cover, and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.