- ½ large head red cabbage, finely shredded
- ½ large head white cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- ½ cub white wine vinegar
- ¼ cub sugar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp celery seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup light vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbages and the carrots. Toss to mix the colors.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, Sugar, mustard, celery seeds, and salt. Cover and shake to dissolve the Sugar.
- Add the oil and cover again.
- Shake very well. Pour the dressing over the cabbage and carrots and toss. Set aside to "wilt" a bit before serving or refrigerate. Serves 8