Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Cookoff
- Prep: 25 minutes | Bake: 1 hour | Cook: 6 minutes | Cool: 1 hour 15 minutes | Stand: 1 hour
- Makes 12 to 16 servings
- 1 lb unpeeled, uncooked medium shrimp
- 1 (8 oz) package Zatarain's Jambalaya Mix (seasoned rice mix)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ (16 oz) package smoked sausage, diced
- 1 tbsp Zatarain's Creole seasoning
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ (8 oz) container sour cream
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 large eggs
- If frozen, thaw shrimp, peel and devein.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9-inch spring-form pan with butter.
- Prepare jambalaya mix per package directions, omitting meats.
- Press jambalaya mixture in bottom and up sides of prepared pan.
- Bake 10 minutes, remove and let cool.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion and garlic, and saute 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in red bell pepper, next 3 ingredients, and shrimp.
- Cook, stirring often, 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove from heat, and let cool 15 minutes. Do not drain.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, sour cream and cornstarch with a heavy-duty stand mixer, using paddle attachment, until blended and smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Fold in cooled shrimp mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared crust, and smooth top of batter using a spatula.
- Place pan on an aluminum foil-lined jelly- roll pan.
- Bake 350°F for 50 minutes or until set.
- Turn off oven, let cheesecake stand in oven for 1 hour.
- Remove cheesecake from oven.
- Let cool on a wire rack 1 hour or until completely cool.
- Remove sides of spring-form pan.
- Cut cheesecake into 12 to 16 wedges.
- Serve at room temperature.