Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Quick, easy delicious asian style beef noodle dish
- 1/2 pound tender steak
- 2 Tbs seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/8 cup plus savory (ponzu) sauce-See recipe below
- 1Tbs sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs grated ginger
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes if desired
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti, rice noodles, or udon noodles
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 chili pepper, minced
- 1.5 Tbs butter
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp orange zest
Savory Sauce Recipe: 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1 Tbsp rice vinegar, 1/3 cup chicken Stock
- To make the marinade: Combine the rice vinegar , 1 Tbs savory sauce, 1 Tbs sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Cut the steak into very thin slices, and add to the marinade. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and prepare your noodles according to the package directions. While the noodles cook, heat a large frying pan over high heat. When the pan is hot, add a little bit of sesame oil, then cook the peppers for about three minutes – they should be cooked, but still crisp. Remove the peppers from the pan and set aside. Return the pan to the burner. Add the steak. Cook briefly while stirring constantly. Immediately remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the butter to the pan and heat until it is melted. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook until the butter turns light golden-brown. Slowly whisk in the remaining savory sauce. Reduce the volume by half.
- Drain the noodles, then toss with the brown butter and savory sauce and the peppers. Top with steak and garnish with green onions, and orange zest
Contributed by Edit
A Jubilation 'Approbatio commendation recipe.