Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 2-3 mangoes, depending on size
- 4 tsp butter
- juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
- 4 cups boiling water with pinch salt (to blanch asparagus)
- Cut mangoes around stones to make halves; half again to make quarters (if mangoes are large, can slice again to make eighths); peel; set aside.
- Peel around stone and scrape flesh from around stones with a spoon; mash and reserve separately.
- Bend asparagus at bottom to break at natural breaking point.
- Blanch asparagus in salted boiling water 30 seconds, rinse in cold water and drain.
- Meanwhile mix cornstarch, ¼ cup water, lemon juice and mango mash in bowl.
- Melt butter in medium-low frying pan and lay asparagus in single layer.
- Roll asparagus to cover evenly in butter
- Add mango slices on top of asparagus and cover 1 minute until steam escapes from lid.
- Uncover, add cornstarch mixture and heat to thicken sauce, 30 seconds