Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ginger Sauce Edit
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon finely minced gingerroot
- 1/2 pound firm tofu
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 dropshot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- In small saucepan, place vinegar, Sugar, 3/4 cup water, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water; stir into sauce. Cook mixture, stirring until clear and thickened. Remove pan from heat; stir in ginger. Makes 1 cup.
- While ginger Sauce is simmering, cut tofu into 1-inch squares about 1/4 inch thick. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, and seasonings.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat egg. Add milk andhot pepper sauce. In a large skillet, heat oil. Piece by piece, dip tofu in flour, then in egg mixture, and again in flour. Sauté until lightly browned, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve warm, arranged on a platter with cocktail forks and a bowl of ginger Sauce. Surround platter with curly lettuce leaves or large sprigs of parsley.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Variation: use egg white only