This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henry Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1980.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 tenderloin steaks top loin center cut
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced scallion
- ½ cup good red wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Trim steaks of excess fat and pat dry then brush lightly with olive oil and lightly oil a nonstick pan.
- Sauté steaks 3 minutes on each side then remove steaks to a warm plate.
- Degrease most of the fat leaving only a teaspoon in skillet then add scallions and stir for a moment.
- Pour in wine and scrape deglazings then boil down until syrupy.
- Remove from heat and add butter and chives then pour over steak.