Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henry Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1980.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 tenderloin steaks top loin center cut
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced scallion
- ½ cup good red wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Trim steaks of excess fat and pat dry then brush lightly with olive oil and lightly oil a nonstick pan.
- Sauté steaks 3 minutes on each side then remove steaks to a warm plate.
- Degrease most of the fat leaving only a teaspoon in skillet then add scallions and stir for a moment.
- Pour in wine and scrape deglazings then boil down until syrupy.
- Remove from heat and add butter and chives then pour over steak.