Prep Time: 15 mins.
Cook time: 20 mins.
Tender Shelley Beans sautéed in extra virgin olive oil, garlic, spring onion and tomato, seasoned with red chile flakes and lemon.
- 1 lb shucked shelley beans
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 spring onion sliced with greens and whites
- 1 medium tomato diced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- red chile flakes to taste
- shredded Parmesan cheese (optional) for topping
- Shuck the beans in to a sauce pot of salted water.
- Par boil the beans until al dente. Drain and reserve warm.
- Sauté the garlic and onion in the olive oil over medium heat until fragrant.
- Add the beans to the sautee and season with the chile flakes. Increase the heat to medium high.
- Sauté the beans moving them constantly and allow the garlic to toast slightly. Do NOT burn the garlic.
- When the garlic is toasted add the tomato and lemon juice.
- Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Allow the tomatoes to warm through with the heat of the pan.
- Serve warm with shredded Parmesan cheese if desired.