Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Cook time: 20 mins.
Tender Shelley Beans sautéed in extra virgin olive oil, garlic, spring onion and tomato, seasoned with red chile flakes and lemon.
- 1 lb shucked shelley beans
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 spring onion sliced with greens and whites
- 1 medium tomato diced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- red chile flakes to taste
- shredded Parmesan cheese (optional) for topping
- Shuck the beans in to a sauce pot of salted water.
- Par boil the beans until al dente. Drain and reserve warm.
- Sauté the garlic and onion in the olive oil over medium heat until fragrant.
- Add the beans to the sautee and season with the chile flakes. Increase the heat to medium high.
- Sauté the beans moving them constantly and allow the garlic to toast slightly. Do NOT burn the garlic.
- When the garlic is toasted add the tomato and lemon juice.
- Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Allow the tomatoes to warm through with the heat of the pan.
- Serve warm with shredded Parmesan cheese if desired.