Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I prepare frozen green beans and certain other frozen vegetables by sautéing in a bit of olive oil in a good skillet by putting them in when still frozen... they thaw and caramelize and taste wonderful! Take Care, Gloria
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: www.foodfit.com
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes | Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- Pull off any strings along the bean's seams and trim the stem end.
- Bring 3 quarts of salted water to a boil. Add the beans.
- Boil until crisp tender, about 4 to 8 minutes, depending on the width of the beans.
- Drain the beans and immediately plunge them into cold water. Drain.
- Heat a large skillet and add the olive oil. Toss the beans into the skillet and warm through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 4 ounces serving:
- 56 Calories | 2g Total Fat | 0g Saturated Fat | 2g Protein | 8g Total Carbs | 4g Dietary Fiber | 154mg Sodium | 34% Calories From Fat | 13% Calories From Protein | 53% Calories From Carbs