This bold side dish is made with garlic and real potatoes to golden-brown perfection.
- 1 lb. red potatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 medium garlic cloves, crushed or minced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup melted butter
- Wash potatoes and cut into 1" cubes.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet large enough to hold the potatoes in one layer.
- Add garlic and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add potatoes and sauté golden all sides, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with a little salt and cover. Reduce heat and cook gently for about 10 minutes, or until soft, tossing and stirring from time to time.
- Remove or keep the garlic and season with a little more salt, pepper, and butter to taste. Serve hot with other dishes.
Nutritional information Edit
- 276 calories
- 5 g. protein
- 50 g. carbohydrates
- 7 g. fat
- 0 cholesterol
- 13 mg. sodium
- 3 tablespoons per plate