Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe is for 6 servings.
- 1 eggplant
- extra virgin olive oil
- 10 oz can tomatoes with liquid
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp mashed garlic
- 2 tsp vinegar
- Cut stem off eggplant.
- Remove strips of skin with a vegetable peeler.
- Cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into ¼" thick slices.
- Spread on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with lots of salt.
- Put in a colander and set aside for 4 hours.
- Rinse well and drain.
- Heat oil in skillet and fry eggplant slices over a high heat till they are golden brown on all sides.
- Pour off all but 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Mash tomatoes with a fork and put into skillet.
- Simmer, stirring often, 5 to 10 minutes, until they form a thin sauce.
- Blend in tomato paste and water.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Stir in garlic and vinegar and remove from heat.
- Arrange eggplant slices on a serving dish and pour over sauce.
- Serve warm as part of a buffet.